Agriculture has entered the digital age, private equity and venture capital are pushing this transformation forward.
AgTech is no longer a niche, but a multi-billion market.
This has given rise to a few venture capital funds specialized on this topic.
The agriculture industry is facing several challenges:
- An elevated increase in demographics will boost demand for food
- Population growth (world population expected to almost 10 billion by 2050, up from 7.6
- Urbanization is increasing
- Natural resources are stretched
- 25% of all farmland is already rated as ‘highly degraded’
- ~80% global deforestation driven by agricultural concerns
- USD 1 trillion investment necessary before 2050, for irrigation/water management in developing countries alone
- Climate change is reducing productivity
- Agriculture is one of the primary producers of greenhouse gas emissions
- Food waste is a massive market inefficiency and an environmental threat
- Between 33 percent to 50 percent of all foods produced globally is never eaten, and the value of this wasted food is more than $1 trillion
Deal flow quality enhancement with complementary, tailored scouting by Intergroup Partners.
- Tailored & exclusive investment scouting
- Extension of your investment focus across multiple industries
- Simplified technology leverage of the investment
- Insights about M&A activity across the value chain
Avoid taking part in expensive auctions – Enjoy the luxury of exclusive situations.